Inside every great pillow is the perfect pillow form. My favourite pillow forms are from Fairfield. Our DCC, Designer Crafts Connection members are having a pillow fight challenge and Fairfield supplied the pillow forms for this fun blog hop!
I have a bench in the front hall which has been needing a couple of pillows. I chose Kunin's Shaggy Felt for the pillows. It is easy to sew and stuff and very soft. A good choice for a pillow fight! :)
You will need:
1/2 yard of each cut by the yard Kunin Eco-fi TM ShaggiChic White, Black
9" x 12" craft cut Kunin Eco-fiTM Classicfelt, 1 White 1 Black
16" Home Elegance Pillow Form Fairfield
Circle Die by Sizzix
Fabri-tac by Beacon Adhesives
Big Shot, sewing machine and matching thread, scissors, pins, measuring tape, ruler, pencil, chalk
1. Cut two pieces each 18" x 18.5" from the white and black shaggi. The nap should run lengthwise with the 18" measurement.
2. Right sides together sew a black piece and white piece for front. For the back repeat leaving a 6" opening in center.
3. Right sides together place the front and black piece aligned. Sew around all four sides. Clip corners and trim.
4. Turn right sides out and insert pillow form. Slipstitch opening shut.
5. Diecut circles in black and white, adhere to front of pillow.
This is a super quick and easy pillow, the shaggi is washable and will continue to become softer with each wash. This makes great floor pillows for the kids from those on play mats to those with dorm rooms!
Get into the pillow fight by clicking on the DCC button in the sidebar to see what the other designers are tossing around!
And for a bonus you can use this coupon! AMYCOUP worth 20% off orders through the month of June on www.fairfieldworld.com
Thanks for stopping by!