The first Monday of the month we hop with the Designer Crafts Connection! This month's theme is Celebrations. This past week both Canada and the US celebrated on the 1st for Canada and of course July 4th Independence Day! With friends and guests celebrating the 4th I created a super quick easy and inexpensive table runner and napkin rings. made from felt rectangles it can be made to fit any table length just by adding more pieces.
You will need:
9" x 12" Craftcuts of Kunin Classicfelt in Red, White and Blue
Star Diecut by Sizzix
Red, white, blue buttons by Buttons Galore
Fabri-tac Adhesive by Beacon Adhesives
3 yards striped ribbon
Scissors, rotary cutter, cutting mat, ruler, Sizzix Bigshot
1. Cut felt cuts in half 9" by 6" pieces. Place side by side in red, white, blue pattern, repeat. Cut ribbon in 6" strips and glue to hold pieces of felt together.
2. Die cut stars from white felt and glue to red, blue center sections.
3. Cut a 2" by 7" strip for each napkin ring.
4. Glue strip of ribbon down center of each ring.
5. Overlap ends 1/4" and glue to make a napkin ring.
The same runner can be easily created for other holidays using different colors of felt, red and green for the Christmas holidays, pastels for Easter or maybe green and white for St. Patrick's Day! Keep the celebration going by hopping with the button in the sidebar!