the CEO! Creative Eternal Optimist! Blog
Sunday, 07 September 2014
Creative home decor, Kunin Felt is co-sponsoring a Blog Hop with Beacon (www.beaconadhesives.com) and Buttons Galore (www.buttonsgaloreandmore.com) Professional CHA Designers from the Designer Crafts Connection are sharing great designs all week! There is also a great giveaway with over $150 worth of goodies from the three sponsors!
Home Décor storage solutions are always needed, this stylish container is both super easy and sturdy. Make several in different colors, they can be stacked flat and then assembled when needed in about a minute. Made from Eco-fi Plus™. “Eco-fi Plus is an 8-ounce premium felt that uses natural silver and copper cleansing ions to resist mold, mildew, and odor and is made from recycled plastic bottles.” This luxury weight of felt is ideal for both stylish wearables and sturdy functional home décor accents. Available in ten rich colors, match any room décor!
You will need:
½ yard of each color, cut by the yard Kunin Eco-fi Plus™, Red, Black
BigZ Circle die by Sizzix (www.sizzix.com)
Fabri-tac™ by Beacon Adhesives (www.beaconadhesives.com)
Hook and Loop circles, 4 pairs
Big Shot diecut machine, scissors, ruler, pins, pencil, paper, chalk, rotary cutter, cutting mat
Cut two 18” square pieces for the container. Die cut 3 sets of circles in each color of felt. Cut two 3” by 4 ½” pieces from each color for handles. Draw a 3” by 4 ½” rectangle on the paper and cut out. Draw a half oval on the piece of paper piece making it 1” in width. Cut out to use as pattern. Pin to felt handle pieces and cut out.
From each corner draw a diagonal line 7” in length. Draw a second line vertically across all four corners intersecting the ends of the diagonal lines. Cut out along both lines.
Glue handle pieces in pairs, smoke with pink and black with red. Place cut squares in pairs on top of each other, red with black.. Glue along all edges.
Insert handles into center of both long sides and press felt pieces together.
Fold up one short end and overlap the long points over it. Insert a hook and loop in between points. Repeat for opposite side.
Glue circles together in a contrasting stack of three. Center and glue to front point or to center point under handles.
Make several, experiment with different sizes and colors. Now get ready set go fill! And check out all of the great designs included by hopping along on the DCC button in the sidebar. Like the Designer Crafts Connection on Facebook and enter our great giveaway!
Wednesday, 03 September 2014
Back to school means early mornings, lunches to pack and then the scramble out the door to the bus. With seven grandchildren and two just starting preschool, kindergarden, cute little lunch bags are required. Laura Kelly's new Pet Shop Collection of dies with Sizzix/Ellison, can't get any cuter than that!
You will need:
9" x 12" Craft cuts of Kunin Embossedfelt™ , 2 Alligator Cocoa Brown
9" x 12" Craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™, 1 Orange, 1 Walnut, 1 Cashmere Tan
Laura Kelly Buttons with Buttons Galore
Aleene's Quick Dry Fabric Fusion
Puppy Diecut from Laura Kelly Pet Shop Colection for Sizzix
Circle Diecut or circle templates, 2", 2 1/4", 2 1/2".
Sizzix Big Shot
Orange, brown embroidery floss
Scissors, pencil, pins, needle, ruler
1. Overlap two pieces of brown felt by 2", glue. Fold right sides out with back piece extending 3" beyond front piece. Align sides and straight stitch with orange floss.
2. Die cut puppy from tan, bone from brown and cut three orange circles. Glue two circles together and straight stitch in brown around edges. Repeat for second circle, sew brown button in center of the second circle.
3. Glue dog to front of bag. Glue three buttons to dog's neck for collar. Glue bone to center of two circles. Glue top half of second circle to center of bag flap.
4. Open bag up and sew bone circles to corner with a 3" length of floss. Add Velcro dot to bottom half of inside of center circle. Press to main bag to mark and adhere opposite side of dot.
There you have it, a darn cute Doggie Bag, super quick, super easy and super fun! Laura's Pet Shop Collection is a reflection of her bubbly, creative personality, her fun outlook and her dedication as a Mom and Room Mother bringing fun and creativity into the school, home and everywhere!
Wednesday, 03 September 2014
The beginning of each month we hop with the Designer Craft Connection blog hop.
The theme of this month, Vacation Memories. Now that I operate a Bed & Breakfast
along with my design work, my vacation time away is very limited..
Instead Guests come to me creating their vacation memories, This past weekend we
had a wedding in the back garden. Celebrating, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays,
there are many occasions we celebrate with a bottle of wine or champagne.
I created this heart wine bottle charm to make
any occasion even more special!
You will need:
1-2 ½” Heart of Smoothfoam
Key Pearl Accent Cluster by Cousin
Trinkettes Chain by Cousin
¾” Heart Silver Charm
Shimmering Silver Metallic paint by DecoArt
2-1” Cotter Pins
1” paint brush
- Paint the heart with two coats of silver paint. Let dry in between coats.
- Insert key cluster accent ring onto cotter pin. Repeat for trinket chain on
second cotter pin.
- Insert cotter pin with key cluster into the end point of heart. Push in carefully.
- Insert chain on second cotter pin into center top of heart.
- Glue silver heart to center of Smoothfoam heart.
This is a super quick and easy project. It would make the next bottle of wine you
take as a hostess gift
extra special or make several to give as gifts at the holidays. Each time I
put it out for a guest or occasion
I am reminded it becomes part of the special memories. Follow the DCC button in the
sidebar to catch
some awesome memory ideas!
Monday, 04 August 2014
Every month a group of very talented professional CHA craft designers host a blog hop, the DCC Designer Crafts Connection. This month's theme is Crafting with School Supplies. I love and design with felt all the time which is a definite school supply staple!
My other fun design work is with Doll Diaries as Kunin Felt is one of the major sponsors of Camp Doll Diaries this summer. I have been creating a wardrobe of fun, fast& fab fashions for my 18" doll McKayla. With back to school not far off I decided to design a cute backpack for McKayla from the tyedye Printzfelt. Super simple!
You will need:
9" x 12" craft cut Kunin Printzfelt, 1 60's TyeDye.
1/2 yd ribbon
Fabri-tac adhesive by Beacon Adhesives
3 buttons by Buttons Galore
1 Hook and loop round fastener by Velcro
Ruler, marker, scissors
1. Mark wrong side of felt at center lengthwise. Mark lines at 4" from bottom and 2 1/2" from top. Angle ruler and mark top corners.
2. Fold wrong side out on center fold, finger press. Cut off top corners on lines.
3. Fold up bottom on second line and finger press. Fold top down on line and finger press.
4. Unfold piece and refold center with tyedye pattern out. Glue open edges shut.
5. Cut two 7" pieces of ribbon.
5. Fold bottom up along pressed line. Glue sides shut, inserting ribbon ends into top of either side before gluing shut.
6. Fold top down along finger pressed line. With hook and loop pieces fastened together adhere to center of upper edge of bottom inside and corresponding top inside.
7. Glue buttons to center of front as shown. Flip backpack over and glue ribbon ends to bottom corners.
Since the backpack turned out so cute I decided to fold another piece of tyedye felt and make McKayla a cute skirt. The felt is a perfect size to fit around the 18" doll, less measuring or cutting! Catch that tutorial coming up on the Doll Diaries blog!
Hop on the DCC button to discover great DIY crafty school supply inspired designs!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy creating!
Monday, 07 July 2014
The first Monday of the month we hop with the Designer Crafts Connection! This month's theme is Celebrations. This past week both Canada and the US celebrated on the 1st for Canada and of course July 4th Independence Day! With friends and guests celebrating the 4th I created a super quick easy and inexpensive table runner and napkin rings. made from felt rectangles it can be made to fit any table length just by adding more pieces.
You will need:
9" x 12" Craftcuts of Kunin Classicfelt in Red, White and Blue
Star Diecut by Sizzix
Red, white, blue buttons by Buttons Galore
Fabri-tac Adhesive by Beacon Adhesives
3 yards striped ribbon
Scissors, rotary cutter, cutting mat, ruler, Sizzix Bigshot
1. Cut felt cuts in half 9" by 6" pieces. Place side by side in red, white, blue pattern, repeat. Cut ribbon in 6" strips and glue to hold pieces of felt together.
2. Die cut stars from white felt and glue to red, blue center sections.
3. Cut a 2" by 7" strip for each napkin ring.
4. Glue strip of ribbon down center of each ring.
5. Overlap ends 1/4" and glue to make a napkin ring.
The same runner can be easily created for other holidays using different colors of felt, red and green for the Christmas holidays, pastels for Easter or maybe green and white for St. Patrick's Day! Keep the celebration going by hopping with the button in the sidebar!